Tips To Find The Cheapest Airline Tickets
Tips to find the cheapest airline tickets
One of the most money-guzzling aspects of travel, right after hotel bookings, is airline tickets. Traveling to any place by flights can be one of most expensive modes of travel. So, for frequent fliers or budget travelers, getting the cheapest airlines’ tickets becomes quite important. Many budget airlines offer airline tickets at discounted prices. A person searching for the cheapest airline tickets can book a flight through any of these budget airlines.
The cheapest airlines’ tickets can also be found through a few tried-and-tested strategies such as booking on only certain days of the week, using certain websites, being members of certain clubs or by following the easiest way of collecting miles. Some of the popular deals on the cheapest airline tickets can be found by browsing through the Internet. Here are a few things to that can help to book the cheapest airlines’ tickets for your next travel plan.
Where to find the cheapest airline tickets?
- One of the popular places to find the cheapest airline tickets is flight search engines such as AirFare Watchdog, CheapOair, Google Flights, Momondo, JetRadar and so on.
- Mobile applications such as Skyscanner, Hopper, Fareness, JetRadar, Kayak, and TripAdvisor are also good places to hunt for the cheapest airlines’ tickets.
- Check the websites of budget airlines as well to find good deals on airline tickets.
Which airlines regularly offer cheap tickets?
- Virgin America
- Spirit Airlines
- Frontier Airlines
- Allegiant Air
- Southwest Airlines
- Sun Country Airlines
- Norwegian Airlines
Which routes have the cheapest airline tickets?
- If you are traveling outside the country, having layover or stopover at Dubai would be cheaper than at London.
- Traveling between Europe and Bangkok is cheap as well. For instance, Norwegian Airlines charge about $250 in this route.
- With budget airlines, traveling to European countries including Iceland has become quite cheaper.
- Destinations in Asia and Africa have some of the cheapest airlines’ tickets available.
- Routes that have connecting flights are cheaper than non-stop flights
When is the best time to find cheap flights’ tickets?
- It is observed that traveling on Tuesdays and Wednesdays is relatively cheaper than traveling on any other day of the week.
- It is a good idea to book tickets at least six weeks prior to your traveling date if you are traveling within the country. The time window to pay less for airline tickets is ideally between 30 days to 3 months.
- For international travel, book tickets one to five months in advance.
- If you plan to travel during holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s or any other holiday, book tickets two months to four weeks before your travel date.
- The price of airline tickets also varies depending on the season. If you want to travel anytime in spring, you can find the cheapest airlines’ tickets 75 days before your travel date.
- To travel during summer, fares are low when tickets are booked 76 days in advance; for fall bookings, booking at least 47 days before the departure date is recommended.
- Budget airlines are able to slash prices because they cut down on a lot of additional in-flight amenities such as entertainment, extra leg space and so on. So, getting the cheapest airline tickets may involve compromising on the comfort factor.
- However, it is not just budget airlines that offer the cheapest airlines’ tickets.
- Non-budget airlines also offer discounts on airline tickets during certain times of the year, especially during promotional offers and sales. So, it is not necessary to have an uncomfortable journey even when you pay relatively less for your flight ticket.